somewords

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Times, they are a changing...

Before. Waaaaay before. Before new tv, before tree mural was finished, before the big black armoire went white and came inside, before we realized that the record console looked good there, but as there was no plug nearby it wasn't functional. But the bookcases are what matters:


My house is in a state of total chaos right now...we are breaking down and selling off our trusty old ikea shelves. We've had these since we got married, adding one each year, but now it is time to say goodbye. With this house being exponentially dustier than our previous places I'm trying to limit the number of horizontal surfaces that requires weekly cleaning. That, and while you can't beat the shelves for function, they are big, dark and my collection of books makes my room feel more cluttered than it is.


Maybe this is some kind of early spring cleaning, but I feel the need for a fresh start on this room.

So goodbye sweet Expedit shelves! I hope you go on to homes that love you as much as we have, but to be honest I'm really looking forward to the cash you are bringing in, and in the interest of full disclosure you should probably know that I already have your replacement sitting in my garage...

No comments:

Post a Comment